IT Life Cycle Management
Posted on February 15, 2018 at 7:00 am
IT lifecycle management is a software that follows an asset, such as a product or service, from beginning to end. This process acquires, installs, maintains, tracks and retires a product or service. It administers software, hardware and support over the life of the system and is broken up into stages. IT lifecycle management is crucial in managing assets to accurately track and maintain hardware and to increase security measures. Increasing security measures allows for a better understanding of your IT environment and provides protection against risks that could harm your software and data. The stages of lifecycle management continue from beginning to end, then start over with new products. The stages of lifecycle management are:
- Product release
- User acceptance testing
- Beta testing
- Alpha testing
Although you may already have an onshore or offshore development company working with your product development, it is important to have on demand IT personnel to enhance your products on the technology side of production. IT consulting through the lifecycle stages creates security, cuts costs, and tracks and utilizes software to help manage physical inventories with ease and precision.
Benefits of IT lifecycle management:
- Cost management – managing resources and utilizing technology allows businesses to gain access to resources when needed, in the least expensive ways, and at the touch of their fingers.
- Access to skills – IT consulting services, like Eagle.net, provide agents and staff members with expertise in a wide variety of IT services. This allows your business to take some of the stress of IT off their hands and focus on the physical product.
- Control – your business stays in control of your product or service. You have total control over the tracking and maintaining of your physical product through technology software that provides ease to the user.
- Multiple responsibilities in one place – through IT lifecycle management you can manage onshore and offshore resources for your product or service through software. You can track delivery schedules to ensure that your product is on track and delivered to the proper site or customer on time. You can provide reports on your product or service and collect data. Through data collected, you can evaluate and present how to handle situations if they arise. You can participate in meetings and reviews with customers and team members with ease at your fingertips. And you can create documents and reports that record every step of the product creation process.
- For any business, company, or organization – no matter how big or small your business, company or organization, or what type of product/service you offer, IT lifecycle management makes the development process smooth.
There are many benefits and advantages to adapting IT lifecycle management. As a business, your focus is mainly on the product/service and other things can become hectic. But allowing an IT consulting service to handle the burden of technology can allow more focus on the product and getting the product to the consumer with ease, efficiency and security.
Eagle Net offers a wide spectrum of IT consulting services and solutions to all businesses. We are here to help your business succeed. If you would like to learn more about Eagle Net’s IT lifecycle management services, contact us anytime at www.eagle.net!